If you attach the MacQuisition SSD device to a Mac and macOS does not detect it or you encounter MacQuisition shutting down unexpectedly, please try the following:
1- Try attaching a different cable to the SSD enclosure. It’s possible the cable has gone bad. If switching cables fixes the issue, contact the Support Team at email@example.com.
2- Some of the first generation MacQuisition SSDs can become loose if the corner of the SSD enclosure is dropped on a hard surface. Please open the SSD enclosure and check if the SSD card is seated securely into the enclosure. There is a bolt on the underside of the internal screw that might need to be tightened as well. See screen shot below.
3- it is possible the application has become corrupt and needs to be re-installed. Please follow the instructions below to re-install the application after you confirm the SSD is securely attached to the enclosure.
- Attach the MacQuisition device to a Mac running 10.11 (El Capitan) or newer.
- Download the MacQuisition updater app from our website here https://www.blackbagtech.com/resources/software-downloads.html.
- Double click to unzip the the updater app and then double click to launch the updater app.
- Enter the admin credentials into the window prompt.
- The Updater App will display the attached device. Click on the Update Now button and the updater app will re-install MacQuisition onto the SSD device.
If you have tried all 3 suggestions above without success, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the dongle ID number for further assistance.