Since Apple increased security with High Sierra (10.13) and Mojave (10.14) additional steps are required to install SoftBlock on your Mac. Please follow the instructions below to resolve SoftBlock critical error -10199.
1. After the first stage of the SoftBlock installation has completed and the license file has been selected, a message will appear asking if you want to open it.
2. Go to the [Apple] menu and open [System Preferences], select Security & Privacy. *Leave this window open and displaying the General tab.
3. Navigate back to the SoftBlock installation window, click on the Open button
4. Enter admin password to allow SoftBlock to make changes.
5. Click on the Install and Restart button
6. Enter admin password
7. In the Security & Privacy window, watch for the Allow prompt
8. Click on the Allow button and click on Restart button
9. Open the SoftBlock app. If a message appears to restart the computer, follow it and restart the computer. The second restart should complete the final installation phase.