Apple increased security with High Sierra (10.13), Mojave (10.14), and Catalina (10.15), which requires some additional steps to install SoftBlock on your Mac. Please follow the instructions below.
1. After the first stage of the SoftBlock installation has completed and the license file has been selected, a message will appear asking if you want to open it.
2. Go to the [Apple] menu and open [System Preferences], then open Security & Privacy. *Leave this window open and displaying the General tab.
3. Click on the Open button.
4. Enter admin password to allow SoftBlock to make changes.
5. Click on the Install and Restart button.
6. Enter the admin password.
7. Watch for the Allow prompt in the 'Security & Privacy' window.
8. Click on the Allow button; then click the Restart button.
9. Open the SoftBlock app. If a message appears to restart the computer, follow it and restart the computer. The second restart should complete the final installation phase.
**IMPORTANT - SoftBlock is NOT compatible with macOS versions 10.15.0 and 10.15.1. If you want to run SoftBlock on Catalina, confirm your Mac has 10.15.2 or newer before installing SoftBlock.